There are lots of exciting events happening in Oakwood Building for our young people, here is a taster of what is happening over the next term.
- The Cafe is open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10:30 - 12:00 during term time, we will be selling a selection of snacks including our cake of the day. Acorn Cafe will also be open on selected Saturday's throughout the year were families can visit for a relaxing morning. All of our food and drink is lovingly prepared by our young people in FE.
- Careers/Transitions event 14:00 - 17:00 on Thursday 1st February, open to families and young people from Year 9 upwards. This event is to assist families in preparing for life after Kirkleatham Hall School. There will be a number of organisations at the event including local college's and day care provisions. We try our very best to prepare our young people for adulthood and we have weekly visits to local colleges and day care services. We are also working closely with the Local Authority who are aiming to support some of our young people with Independent Travel Training.
- Work experience is a vital part of our curriculum and it is something that we are trying to grow. We offer work experience in school and externally, our first external work experience is with the Tees Valley Wildlife Trust on Thursday 1st February - 10:00-12:00.
- We are currently running an 'Advocacy Project' in school every Tuesday 13:00 - 15:00 - working on an exciting project until Easter. Watch this space for more information, but we are working with a group of young people who show them they have a voice and they can stand up and be heard.
- Gym group will now be attending Prior Pursglove Gym every Thursday Morning until Easter to support their qualifications in ASDAN Life Skills Challenges.
- Our talented Hair and Beauty Club are being joined by Priory Woods every Wednesday afternoon to share facilities and their talents.
If you require any further information please contact Phase Leader Vicky McDermott at firstname.lastname@example.org